Re: 1500 oil pressure

To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 oil pressure
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 09:30:41 EST
In a message dated 03/03/2000 7:58:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

<< Today I completed the gas line hookup (including fuel filter) in the '75
 Midget. I also changed the oil and filter. I ran the engine for a while and
 everything seems to be fine now. The one question I have now is, what sort
 of oil pressure is typical for the 1500 engine, both cold and hot? Seems to
 be a little different than what I'd expect in an A-series. The engine has
 73,000 miles on it. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My '77 Midget (stock oil gauge) has 44,000 miles on the clock (let's
see what I can remember).  Cold idle is about 45 psi, warm idle is
about 33 psi.  Cold at about 3000 rpm it reads a little over 60 psi and
warm it is somewhere around 50-53 psi.  I don't push the engine
much, as I have only driven it about 500 miles since getting it running,
and I don't know what "normal" pressures should be.

Also keep in mind that the condition of the voltage regulator for the
dash gauges can affect the gauge readings a few percent either way.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport