Some more work done

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Some more work done
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:27:10 EST
Another great weekend in Abington, PA.  Got two more jobs finished on the '77
Midget.  I mounted the chrome bullet mirrors on the wings.  I had bought them
because the car had no outside mirrors when I got it and mirrors are required
for PA inspection.  I mounted them in the stock holes on the doors, but they
were TOTALLY impossible to use.  They simply couldn't be adjusted to allow a
rearward view, and even if you could adjust them, you would have to turn your
head a full 90 degrees and look down.  BUT, they were legal in Pennsylvania!
Now they are legal and useful.

I also got the radio and speakers in.  I had replaced the radio in my
Mitsubishi with a new Blaupunkt from Crutchfield and the old Mitsu stock
radio seemed to be about the right size to fit the Midget.  It took a little
doing, but it is mounted in the console and looks pretty good.  I have a pair
of cheep KLH patio speakers sitting behind the seats (attached with velcro
dircetly to the carpet) and it does sound pretty good.

I spent a lot of Saturday driving the Midget from one thing to another, so it
wasn't all a work weekend.  Next Saturday is pretty free so I hope to get the
airhorns in.  Then Sunday is the swap meet in Norristown.  I'll be there
early, but I can't stay long.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget