The Fuel Pump is Dead...Long Live the Fuel Pump

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: The Fuel Pump is Dead...Long Live the Fuel Pump
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:24:02 -0600
Hello all,

Wasn't it just 2 or 3 days ago that I was saying all is well with my fuel
pump?

Oh well.  Got in this morning and something didn't feel right.  Drove a
block and a half and the car stopped.  Doh!  That's what didn't sound right
- no fuel pump clicking away.

So, I pushed it back home with the help of a friend on his way to work and
bought one of those Facet "solid state" jobbies for $50.  I liked the price
next to a low of $110 locally for the SU.

I checked the archives, but didn't find too many specifics of this swap
which I assume means it's pretty straight forward.  Am I right?  Anything
specific to note?  Do I really have to drill those extra holes near the
tank?  Anyone ever reuse the original bracket somehow?

My plan is to do the deed Wednesday night so any hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
Philip
1974 Damask Red Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1960 BRG Bugeye Sprite - First up for restoration
1973 Damask Red Midget - Project car for sale