Leaky SU

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky SU
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:20:33 -0800
Looks like the Bugeye won't be going to Minimania tomorrow -- there's a good
sized fuel leak from the front carb.

These are the H1 carbs on the 948 engine.  I'm new to this (well 6 months
now) so I'm not at all familiar with what can go wrong.  Looks like there
are several O-rings or washers on the bottom of the carb and one or more of
those has given it up.  Wasn't there mention of these just last week in
regard to MTBE eating fuel hoses?  Arghh!

Anyway, are these the likely culprits and if so, is it possible to replace
them with the carburettor in place?  The car is running well so I'm not
looking for a complete carb rebuild (it was supposedly done relatively
recently by the PO).

Thanks,
Rich Hill
'60 AH Sprite