Re: Leaky SU

To: "Rich Hill" <richard.hill@sri.com>
Subject: Re: Leaky SU
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 23:35:03 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The multi-washer banjo bolt assy (bolt-holding up) at the bottom
of the fuel bowls are a stationary connection to the carb body. On
my H1 rebuild fuel leaked if you tightened them and fuel leaked if
you loosened them a bit. Finally found just the right minimal
range where the fuel was held "up".

On the other hand the adjustable 21 piece main jet assy with gland
nuts, springs and sealing rings of steel, cork, rubber and orange
peels, has never leaked.

Up here in North Mexico we don't have MBTE.

Mike L.
AN5 10426