Re: front bumber, Yes of No

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front bumber, Yes of No
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:22:34 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi Glen:

The front bumper was definitely an option, although there is consensus that
the cars shipped to North America were all fitted with it. I guess that's
called a mandatory option. In England, and perhaps other markets as well, it
was an optional extra. It would seem to me that a case could be made that
the front bumper was not standard equipment, and thus need not be there now.

Don't most jurisdictions make allowances for collector cars with these sort
of regulations? Where I live, we are required to have a license plate both
front and rear, although I have never had one on the front of my bugeye. Any
police I have encountered just smile and say "nice car" or something like
that.

In Eastern Canada, British Columbia (where I live) is sometimes referred to
as "Lotus Land", perhaps this sort of thing is why......

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Sprite  (AN5L/636)
1963 Sprite Mk II project (HAN7L/30003)