Re: front bumber, Yes of No

To: "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: front bumber, Yes of No
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 00:31:05 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I think you are all missing the point of having a front bumper!  It is not
to protect you in a crash or to hold your licence plate.  What it really
does is act as an air dam to stop the lifting that the front end of the
bug-i is famous for at speeds over 100 mph.  If you look at a bug-i from the
side in the front it looks like a airplane wing at speed this causes lift in
the front end.  The bumper breaks up this wing effect and works like an air
dam.  If you don't believe me just try it both with and without one.
        Crash

Some really serious bovine output going on here!