Stuffy Brakes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuffy Brakes
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:41:48 -0800
I finally finished assembling the brakes on the '61 and began bleeding the
system. I got the clutch bled, but I can't seem to get any fluid out of any
brake bleeders. I did hear air escape when opening one of them, but no
fluid and the fluid  segments in the clear bleeder hose doesn't move back
and forth when I pump the pedal. I can see turbulence in the master
cylinder when I pump the pedal and the fluid went down when I first started
bleeding the brakes. I was thinking of removing the brake light switch to
see if there is fluid in the 4-way connector. I blew air through the lines
before hooking anything up, so I don't think they are blocked. Funny thing
is, the pedal feels almost normal. Anybody have any ideas of what to try
next? For the moment, I'm stumped.

Gerard

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A