Re: Cars

To: midgetman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Cars
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:46:00 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

This is the Spridget list, BTW it's full of smart @$$es <G>

> <What about engines? I want the biggest one. What will it be?>

Engines eh? Depends on the car and if you want to be original or go for some
wild V-8 conversion.

> <Someone told me to think about Sprites too, but I think a midgets better.>

Since basically they are the same car (similar to the Chevy/GMC truck,same
factory, different badge) the Sprite was made in lesser #'s if I am not mistaken

> <I dont have lots of money but figure I can get something cheap and work on
>it. >

GOOD!! you'll fit in fine, a membership in the "we tight"club is not mandatory
here but almost <G>

> <What are some good books? >

A Robert Bentley workshop manual is a great help." The Original Sprite and
Midget" by Terry Horler is good if you are wanting to get your car close to
original. And Lindsay Porter's "Guide to Purchase & D.I.Y. Restoration of the
MG Midget & Austin Healey Sprite" These are the ones I have and I know that
there are others that are just as good, don't worry, the replies will be
pouring in!!

> <Who fixes these things?>

That is the beauty of this list, cuz YOU DO!! that is the best part of these
cars, is the torture and torment to get it running, You save money by fixing it
yourself, it becomes part of you and hopefully your family, and you appreciate
it more as you have done it yourself

> <Is one guy better than the other? >

Who can you trust more than yourself? ;-)

> <What about clubs? Is there a club for midgets? >

Let the list know where you are and you can be lead to a local club in your area

> <Do they have a book? Are they on the internet?>

I t depends on the resources of your local club

> <Wheres the best oplkace to find a car? >

The list will post findings as they come up, I would say be wary of anything on
eBay (your personal trading community) and there are checklist that you can
download that can help you walk through a Midget alone. It will tell you what
to look for and be wary of so that you don't get hurt on your first purchase

> <Spring is coming nd I am excited. Rex>

Those listers in the Northern Areas that are starting to thaw are getting
excited too.  Good luck and I hope this answers some of your questions that you
have. You will have a better resource than any book can offer because personal
experience comes into play when you get a reply. Bear in mind that there are
many common off topic threads such as Frank Zappa, Cats (dead or alive) as
Wheel Chocks and Oh Yeah!!! what beer/ale to drink when your done working on
your car that day.   Later,  Brad Fornal (resident loudmouth Texan, in direct
competition with Robert Houston)