Re: Re: i am learning but have some more questions

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: i am learning but have some more questions
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:58:51 -0500
relax, rex - I'm not upset.

More like an old boss used to say, I'm amazed and astounded - but
not the least bit surprised.

If your local classifieds are so sparse in the Finger Lakes area,
go and get

1 - Autotrader, its got national coverage (look for old, import,
sportscar editions) at the 7-11

2 - Buy or order Hemmings Motor News. One monthly issue will keep
you busy for months.

3 - Call 315 649 2861 and ask for Fred Petroski. He lives in
Chaumont NY (believe it or not its pronounced Shmoh, and that gave
me a lot of trouble the first time at the border when I was going
to Showmont). Use my name, but don't push it, and beg for help -
there is no markup in 1 thousand dollar deals. Fred is big into
Jags, but runs across all sorts of project cars in his travels.

4 - Go to the link below where there are HUNDREDS OF SPRIDGETS
listed - some below $1000. Get used to doing your own homework.
There's nothing easy about scoring a deal especially at a
distance.

http://www.classifieds2000.com/

Here's some other stuff from my bookmarks, some of it may still be
current

http://members.tripod.com/PDLJMPR/contents.htm
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/clubmarketnew.html

http://sentex.net/~dewood/sprite/rt_aug61.html

Rex, you know what free advice is worth - here's some. If you
don't know stage one about cars, and haven't a clue in fixing
things, don't expect that $1000 and some help from the list will
easily get you on the road. On the other hand if you are really
serious to get educated and SLOWLY picking up on a new hobby, then
this is probably the best place to start.

I expect to see some progress on your part.

Mike L.
AN5 10426 etc