Re: Fuses

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuses
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:05:57 -0500
Allen, There are 2 brown wires coming off the # 7 terminal (top fuse,
heater side.) they go to the starter ignition switch and the solenoid.
THe one you see is likely to go through the firewall and into the
steering column. On my 78 they are brown not brown with white. I gleened
this info from looking experience, and looking in the original factory
shop manual.

I suspect if you disconnect it you will not be able to start the car.

Larry

>Now for my question.  The bottom two fuses on the '77 Midget are for the
>lights, left side and right side.  All of the light wires are red.  One of
>the fuse terminals has a brown w/ white tracer wire coming off of it.  This
>looks like an original wire because it goes into the original wire harness
>(blue tape, lot of dirt) and then the harness goes thru the firewall.  I
>wasn't able to find where it comes out of the harness after about 15 minutes
>upside-down under the dash.  It is not on my wiring diagram for that fuse.
>
>I can't find a brown/white wire any where in the Bentley manual wiring
>diagram (indicated on the diagram as NW).  Does anybody know what the
>brown/white wire is for?  After I finish the new fuse box, I will disconnect
>it and see what stops, but curiosity is tough to put up with for another
>week.
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget