5 Speed Concerns

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 5 Speed Concerns
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:10:44 -0700
Hello All
I just spent a couple hours in the garage getting my 72 Midget ready for an
engine removal tomorrow evening in order to proceed with the conversion to
a 5 speed tranny.
A quick 15 minute read of the days postings and I'm afraid I might not get
much sleep tonight.  I selected the Rivergate kit based on an impression
over the past year that there are more installs of that kit than of Paul's
kit.  More installs suggested there should be less bugs and perhaps a
greater depth of technical experience from which to draw.
However, based on the postings on this subject today I feel like I'm about
to walk into a mine field of "put it in, try it, take it out, modify it,
put it back in" etc.  Tell me it ain't true.
What are the critical "PAY ATTENTION TO THIS" factors in installing the
Rivergate kit?  I try to be very methodical and really dislike the engine
removal cycle so all tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Dave