Re: OOPS and a reminder

To: wmgilroy@lucent.com, fisher@hctc.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OOPS and a reminder
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:45:25 EST
In a message dated 03/29/2000 7:26:46 PM Mountain Standard Time,
wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:

> Now some of us city slickers may not know what a cattle guard is, but I have
>  seen one right here in central NJ of all places.  Is a stock tank just a
big
>  water tank?
>
>  Bill "The suburb boy" Gilroy

Cattleguard...not GW Bush in the Viet Nam years...rows of pipe, or train
rail, laid perpendicular to the roadbed, top edge even with the pavement, and
space an inch and a half or so apart..about 4-5 feet worth....goes
barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrump when crossed at speed.  Cattle will not walk
over the uneven surface...fences take off each end, so roads can cross fence
lines without gates.

Tank, water tank, cattle tank, a pond anywhere else but Texas..manmade
usually.  But as Elizabeth said, dry as a bone in many case in the Hill
country as Texas is in the middle of draugt, draut, dry spell of long
endurance....

RH