Re: 262 on list

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 262 on list
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:05:13 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

I am semi-lurker and semi-newby. I have recently
purchased a 67 F-prod sprite that I am converting to
street use. I have not owned a LBC since the mid 80's;
First LBC was 62 midget purchased in 1972 which became
autocross car. In 73 my dad and I purchased HProd
Bugeye and began SCCA racing at Nelson's Ledges and
Mid Ohio. Bugeye lasted about 5 years until 3 end over
end flips by yours truly did it in. After that  I
moved on to Datsun 510 B Sedan, then Datsun B210, then
Lola Formula Ford and finally C/Sports Racer in mid
80's. In 1986, retired from racing and bought bugeye
to totally restore. I got about 80 percent finished
$6k invested and wife decided to move on and clean me
out. Bugeye sold at bargain price ($2500) to some
lucky sole in Baltimore who has not done anything with
it. That was 92. Finally back into LBC's, but have
much to relearn. So I will ask some question here and
there. Plan to have sprite running later this summer.
I purchased second complete parts sprite (HAN8L) two
weeks ago, which will provide most of things needed to
get race car going. Hope to attend some LBC functions
then and meet some of you.

John Holliday
67 Fprod Street Sprite
Lancaster PA