5 speed adjustment questions continued

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5 speed adjustment questions continued
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:04:28 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks for the tips received so far.  I guess to clear things up, it's not
the shift lever that is hitting the opening, it's the actual tranny that is
bumping the opening (the piece the shift lever bolts to).  It makes really
cool sparks everytime I start the engine!!!  I'm using a vinyl gaiter, not
the metal surround.  I tried to loosen the motor mounts to shift the entire
driveline, but will have to try again tomorrow once another set of arms are
available.  Hopefully that will do it.  What concerns me is that there is
zero side to side play available on the two long bolts that go up through
the bottom of the car to the rear tranny mount.  It seems like there needs
to be a little, but the bolt holes are the same size as the opening, and I'm
not too keen on enlarging bolt holes through that thick a piece of metal!!!
I'll let the list know what happens tomorrow, and if there are any more
suggestions, I'm receptive to them also.  Thanks!

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA