Re: Rear axle locknut

To: woodrat@spacey.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, PaulaBCampbell@cs.com
Subject: Re: Rear axle locknut
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:06:00 EDT
In a message dated 4/2/2000 2:00:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
woodrat@spacey.net writes:

<<  Is this gonna get to be fun some time later?  >>

LOL Larry!  I am not sure about the nut size--I know someone on here will
know.  But that thought passes my mind whenever I am crawling around under
the car, getting oily, banging my knuckles on the ONLY piece of metal
positioned to tear the hell out of them, and things not generally going the
way Haynes says they will.  But then, when I finally accomplish the
objective, figure out the problem, and am tooling down the road with the
engine and all parts humming melodically, it's funner than a
rolly-coaster!!!!  One suggestion:  Keep plenty of good full-bodied beer
cold--like Guinness or Bass.  Good for the soul and the busted knuckles.  AND
GREAT for the victory celebration, of which you will have many!!!  (I have to
keep reminding myself of that)  8^)

--David C.