Mystery wire

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Mystery wire
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:53:46 EDT
After I put in the new fuse block, the car started right up.  I have a
mystery wire (brown with white tracer) that was connected (incorrectly) to
the old fuse block.  Peter C. thinks it may be from an option not included on
my car, like some California emission stuff.  I unplugged the wire, and the
car strted right up again.  Everything seems to work fine.

I will leave if off and see if anything rears it's ugly head in the future.

The DPO also had the horn wire connected to the INPUT side of the fuse block
(so it wasn't protected by a fuse), and plugged to the wire that controls the
left side marker and parking lights.  (Bottom fuse.  Horns are supposed to be
on the top fuse.)  I switched it 'round to where it is supposed to be.  Now
the horns work without the ignition being turned on.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport