Tire size on bugeye/minator wheels??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire size on bugeye/minator wheels??
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:27:09 -0700 (PDT)
A friend of mine just got a new set of Alloys from VB (minator minilite
replicas
- UK made). He's trying to decide on which size tire to get.
Does any one know if the  offset is different on these wheels?? and if a wheel
spacer will be needed on the rear hubs if he goes wider than a 165?? Keep in
mind that this is a 1/4 elliptical spring car.
Does anyone have any particular tire/size that has worked really well for them
with this setup for sprited street driving. My friend would like to go with a
tire that doesn't require any mods to the car.

Thanks - Bryan

BTW - I have reccommended he go with a 175/70-13, but I'd like to hear what
other list members have to say. Would these rub too much in the wheel wells?