Datsun 5-speed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun 5-speed
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:04:23 EST5EDT
List,

In preparation for installation, I got around to cleaning my Datsun tranny
with purple, super clean, green power, etc. kind of stuff.  What a nasty job.
I noticed that the housing of the tranny is put together with what appears to
be three pieces.  I noticed that the seal is white in color but not very
uniformly distributed about (either side of) the seal.

Is this a factory seal or has this tranny been opened?

Given that the seal is white, does this indicate factory?  A blue or red seal
would send me a flag.

Given that the tranny was so filthy, I would guess that it hasn't been
opened in a while, if at all.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Paul