Re: Subject: ISO 32

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Subject: ISO 32
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 10:42:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
My manual ( I do read them sometimes! :) ) says: "Use SAE30 industrial grade
compressor oil.  <bold on>Do not use automotive oil such as 10W30. < bold
off>  Additives in motor oil can cause valve deposits and reduce pump life."

To complicate matters, none of the oil sold specifically for industrial
grade compressors would mention SAE weights.  One brand, Motomaster from
Canadian Tire, gave ISO numbers and another brand brand labelled Campbell
Hausfeld, simply did not give any additional weight info.

I did not want to void any warranties.

I have purchased the Campbell Hausfeld brand on the advice of a store rep.

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca