North Meets South (CA) report

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: North Meets South (CA) report
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings list,
Thought I'd drop a line to the list and give a report
on how Spridget owners faree at this past weekend's
North Meets South 2000 event in Santa Maria, CA. 139
cars were entered for the show and 15 of those were
Deloreans! The theme WAS "Back From the Future" so
this was appropriate.

The Bugeye class (5 cars) was won by a leaf green
Sprite that was newly finished and spectacular! This
is the same Sprite that appears in the latest British
Car Magazine. The magazine color does not portray this
car the same as it looks in person...too bright in the
press. However, Stunning Car...only a few non-original
parts like a green fabric hood (top) and carpeted
floors.
The Spridget category was won by a beautiful red over
black squarebody Midget of 1965 vintage. Again, the
quality of all the winners was exceptional.

The other twin Jurgens' MGA took that class....also a
stunning car. Great to see the young ones have a knack
for quality restoration work.

Some of you may know Jim Albeck of Agoura Hills, CA.
He drives Healey's everywhere. Well, his BJ8 big
Healey took that class, and even though it's not a
Spridget, he does have a neat yellow ex-race car
Frogeye. (Spridget content)

The rally saw over 130 cars start and I'm not sure how
many finished. The championship trophy went to list
members Tom and Suzi Zylla in their "Starbug" Sprite.
They only missed 2 questions on a rally route that
stretched over 100 miles and meandered through some of
Central California's most beautiful rolling hills and
wine country.

The only question remaining for our West Coast listers
is... Who's going to Moss Fest at Buttonwillow Race
Track???

Cheers,
TZ

http://invites.yahoo.com