Re: Non LBC advice needed

To: toyman@digitex.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC advice needed
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:14:34 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/00 10:08:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Ajhsys@aol.com
writes:

<< I take it to a shop and he says that the computer
  is dead (shows on overheat situation and it shuts down the injectors)
  and it will cost $350 for the computer and installation to get it living
  again. Anyone know of a better option or is this really a good deal?
  Peter, you do imports, what do you think? I had to work late tonight so
  I will talk to him tomorrow after 12 so any advice before then would be
  greatly needed and appreciated. TIA,  Brad >> >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I found this quote on the Carpoint reliability page about the Colt series
from Mitsu.

"A common problem on this vehicle is failure of the Powertrain Control Module
(PCM).   The cost to repair the PCM is estimated * at $850.00 for parts and
$32.50 for labor. "

So it is an easy piece to replace, you just gotta get one.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport