Austin Healey Bugeye- Shelby conversation?

To: "'webmaster@carrollshelby.com'" <webmaster@carrollshelby.com>
Subject: Austin Healey Bugeye- Shelby conversation?
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:22:21 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
 I'm trying to track down some information about a Car on E-bay right now.
I'd like to know if this is Fact or Fiction?
Could this be forwarded to Carroll or someone who would be able to shed some
light on this item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=306401332

>From the Auction page:
"I have this 1959 Austin Healey SPRITE. This Car is Something Else. NEW!!
All Aluminum 216 V-8 High Preformance, all the way. All Metal Body except
Fiberglass Hood. Hedders, Spoked Wheels, Body MINT. Looks like a Porche
Spider which James Dean Owned. New Silver Metallic Paint. Carroll Shelby put
this Engine in this car in Great Britian .....All Original inside, Door
Panels Gauges, Roll Bar, and Original Fiberglass Top which you take off.
Your friends would take a double take if they seen you in this car !!! Also
Shelby Plate on Fire Wall when he put the Engine in the car. Will Deliver up
to 500 miles. You have never seen anything like this one. Beautiful Running
Car. Also, have an Extra Engine of the same. Any Questions Email me at
steve5869@hotmail.com GOOD LUCK and GOOD BIDDING !! "

If this is true this is a rare car. if not, Carroll might want to talk to
him about copy right and licensing issues.

Thank you.

Patrick Elliott
(916) 857 6420 Desk
(916) 803 3775 Cell