RE: My First Time. (Longish)

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: My First Time. (Longish)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:41:39 -0400
Toby,

A bit of review here.

The carbs that you got  from ebay, you have'nt said that they had the same
needles and springs that were in your old ones.  With hundreds of needle
and several springs available, It could well be a crap shoot that they
would ever come out right.

Did you compare the tag numbers on both sets, if they were there?

Let's assume that the mechanic did everything correct in his rebuild, but
never questioned your choice of needles and springs, how would he know that
these were the right carbs or not for your car?

If the old carbs ran like scat, then maybe a swap of needles and springs
might make the new ones pretty close to OK.

Check it out.

Paul A

>>Since the mechanic installed used SU Carbies that the owner supplied
(from
ebay) and were never seen to run correctly on his engine, no-one really
knows if the problem lies with the carbs or the installation... it sounds
me like the mechanic took great pains to tune the SU's as well as possible.
If he made a mistake I think he should make it right, but if there's
something wrong with the carbs, jetting, etc. then he's not responsible.

Just my 2 cents,
Richard