Re: Midget 1500 gearbox vs Spitfire gearbox

To: tboicey@brit.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget 1500 gearbox vs Spitfire gearbox
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:12:49 EDT
There wasn't much of a response to this from I can see (not being on the
Spitfires list).

Out of interest I did a bit of digging around on this issue.  It seems that
the boxes are similar but some boxes have a proper seal on one of the shafts
(main?) whereas some have a scroll (bad?).

However, a trip to my local breakers yard that still has a Spitfire in it
from a while back has a box that looked different from the 1500 box in my
Spridget Haynes manual - so what gives?

Daniel1312