Sway bar test drive

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Sway bar test drive
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 08:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
Fresh back from a test drive to check out the newly installed front
anti-sway bar.

When I drove Crash Ramsey's bugeye a few weeks ago I noticed it handled
better than mine. Slower, but better. ;>)  Thanks to his generosity, or
perhaps to reduce the nausea-producing swaying motion of the car ahead of
him, Crash made one available to me.

With no other changes to the car, I 'offered it up for fitment' and headed
out to my favorite test drive course.  A beautiful twisty little road that
winds up and over some local hills, I'm used to how the car feels on its
familiar curves.

What a difference.  It made a noticeable difference in handling.  Best of
all it eliminated the scary oscillation I would get at speeds above 65 or so
when going over a low spot or a rise on a straightaway large enough to
unweight the front suspension.  It would re-weight one side ahead of the
other and then begin a two cycle oscillation that caused severe butt-pucker.
Gone completely.

Two thumbs up for front anti-sway bars.

One the way back I passed a Triumph headed around the loop the other way.
Honks and waves, big s**t-eating grins all around.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 Bugeye