1500 Distributor

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Distributor
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 12:14:33 -0400
I am still trying to chase down the bad idle, missing when hot problem, I
asked about a couple weeks ago. To date I have replaced the plugs, wires,
and coil (no ballast needed). I got a dizzy cap from SlepBoys (they
actually had one in stock!!) However I had replaced the dizzy a number of
years ago to have one with points. The cap for the Elec style 1500 dizzy
does not fit. I need one with the side opening for the ignition wires. I
am unsure of what year - or car - this dizzy comes from. I see in the
Moss catalog that there is a side opening cap, but there is no info on
what year. The rotor in mine is obviously hitting the contacts in the
cap. There is a raised edge on the end of the rotor contact. I knew that
the bushes in the dizzy were going out but I have no idea how hard of a
job to replace them. There are also not listed in the Moss catalog. So I
have a couple of questions. Keep in mind I have a Pertronix and I would
like to keep it.

1) Can I get the bushes?? if so how hard are they to replce?
2) Do I need a new dizzy?? What years can I use?
3) Anybody got a used one in good shape?

The car runs but don't wanna idle too good. I need to do all of this
prior to June - going to MG2000 in Cleveland.

Details:
1500 Stock
Pertronix on points style ignition, side opening cap.
Weber DGV carb
Headers

Thanks

The Real Larry