Re: Go hug your LBC (mostly LGC, not much LBC)

To: JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Go hug your LBC (mostly LGC, not much LBC)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:30:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/00 8:17:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JZIMMERM@exch.co.albemarle.va.us writes:

<< The water pump issue makes me laugh.  Hasn't anyone here ever worked on a
TR
 4?  I realize that its a Tri*mph, however someone here must remember how
 difficult it is to replace the water pump AND the drive belt.  The stupid
 crank pulley is millimeters away from the steering rack and there is
 absolutely no room.  This is a job that only my best friend (who happens to
 own said TR) could cajole me into helping with. >>

BTDT.  Back around 1970 when I owned a TR4A IRS.  I remember how hard it was
to get the new belt on.  I finally just got a real long belt, cut it, and
tied it in place.  (Just kidding...but I did think about it!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport