Re: NOS Slave Cylinder! Kinda long.

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NOS Slave Cylinder! Kinda long.
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:56:20 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
sentimental?.....yup!  and after you have all of the connections for parts a
second car looks so much more practical than ever before.  after this car is
completed you will begin to miss "the hunt" for odds and ends at swap meets.
and miss the visit to other enthusiasts homes or busines's rummaging through
boxes or piles of aleged junk for that special bracket evryone threw out
20-30-40 years ago because it was annoying to work around on the car.  late
night clandestine meetings at interstate intersections or rest stops to meet
the guy who you have spoken with who has the piece you need who is traveling
through your aerea on vacation with family or on his way to a race cross
country with his race car in tow.

i have experienced all of thesee wierd or odd meetings hunting for elusive
bits and pieces.  it is not just about your car.  it is also about who you
are.  most people throw away a car because it leaks oil, or burns too much
oil, or has a rust hole in the body somewhere.  there is a very unique few
that choose to take a car in a deteriorated condition be it mechanical or
physically(rust) and find and repair it's flaws back to a running
functioning vehicle again.   many aspire to do this and only a small
handfull of them get past the "i dismantled it" stage.  the search for
knowledge and parts takes a certain type of person who has a vision of the
completed project almost from it's inception.  the most amazing part ofthat
vision is that it never fades in spite of all of the well wishers surounding
you who keep asking "will it ever get put back together" and " how do you
remember where evrything goes".  in spite of being told there are none of
something left in the entire universe you continue to search and find one
for your project.   that is determination!  that kind of drive is usually
un-noticed by most but admired by your peers.  it will rarely be ever
discussed.  but congratulations in seeing light at the end of the
probverbial project tunnel!

chuck.
(looking out into the back yard)" how do you supose all those cars got
there?"  hhhmmmmmm.