Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:16:06 -0400
I usally just "gravity bleed" the clutch.  Hook everything up, including
your hose-and-jar, then >>just<< crack the bleed screw open.  Go away
for a while (half an hour).  The fluid will slowly displace the air.
When the fluid gets to the bleed screw, it will stop (or darned near)
because it is more viscous than air.

Bleed it normally for a couple of gentle pumps, and you're done.

If you're inclined to using silicone brake fluid (not to start that
argument), it works well, because it minimizes Silicone's tendency to
entrain air in tiny bubbles in the fluid.

My $0.00002

Chris K.