Re: Conned by a con-rod

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Conned by a con-rod
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:48:43 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From <JustBrits at aol.com>
To: <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 29 April 2000 21:33

> In a message dated 04/29/2000 3:09:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
> rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net writes:
>
> << Set of new 1275 con-rods.  They are too wide around the big end to fit
down
>  the bore of a standard size 1275 (by about 10 thou).  Surely they don't
>  expect the pistons to be installed from below? >>
>
> If it's a "T" Series motor - yes.  Would kinda suspect you got the wrong
ones.

> From whom did you order??  Why wouldn't they take back??
>
> Cheers..........
>
>           Ed

Came with the crankshaft in the BLMC box years ago when I got stuff to store
away for my retirement (29 years to go).  The chamfered edges seem to have
been ground roughly as the surface of the metal almost looks torn (Like a
crumbly cheese that has been cut with a blunt knife?)  More light grinding
and they would just fit into the bores.  The original grinding must have
been done AFTER the rod bolts were put in as one of them has had a bit
ground off the edge.  The part numbers are almost impossible to read but I
can see 12g15????A?8??? cast up the side of one of them