Re: The Workbench (long--was The Garage)

To: "Dan O'Shea" <danoshea@idsi.net>
Subject: Re: The Workbench (long--was The Garage)
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 12:38:26 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I work in a cabinet factory and made my top out of a piece of what we call
"cover sheets" it comes in on top and bottom of the material to protect it. Mine
happens to be 1 1/4' thick with a black melamine finish. I was able to procure
some edgebanding and dress up the edges a bit, it is two pieces making it a
total of 2' deep and 13' long. Check out your local woodworking establishment
and talk to a forklift driver if you can as they will be the ones who can locate
it for you. Our company sold their "trash" for a minimal charge. My bench top
cost me a whopping $1. I was able to band it after work for free, cuz I work
there. YMMV,   Brad