i'm back!!!!!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: i'm back!!!!!
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 17:29:57 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
had a blast at the races at oceanna n.a.s.in va. beach over the weekend.
got to drive the bugeye through town at rush hour on friday's parade with a
police escort running every light and intersection.  that was fun!
volunteered to assist the rollback driver for the weekend.  towed some very
interesting cars with some "you would not believe it" mechanical failures.
like the lotus formula car that i had to pick up (physically) to put back on
the wheel that fell off!  found 1 lug nut and stuck wheel on so we could
winch up onto the rollback without doing any further damage.   or the datsun
z car with a shattered alloy wheel with 2 other wheels flat!  it was just
amazing the nature of mechanical failures.  finally sunday i was allowed to
drive my car out on the track with a group of cars from the car show in a
parade lap.  i was between 2 mgb's.  they were going just fast enough to
allow me to have some fun in the tighter corners!  i then rejoined the tow
truck and was allowed to ride the pace car for the last race on sunday.  i
had a great time but got a bit crispy with sun burn!  arrived home monday
morning at 2 am.  what a long drive.  i am glad to be home , now all i have
to do is unload the trailer and put the bugeye back in it's garage waiting
for my next opportunity to go play!