Fw: 5 Speed + A14 Datsun

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: 5 Speed + A14 Datsun
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 18:18:26 -0700charset="Windows-1252"

    Hi my name is Spike and I'm a digest lurker, there I said it. I've
taken the first step to recovery. I've just switched back from digest
mode, ie time warp, and plan on being more pro-active.
    Now that thats over with I have a 73 RWA that I aquired without an
engine or should I say a partial engine, no block or head but lots of
other interesting parts of no value. Any way I decided I wanted a 5
speed and one thing lead to another an then thought why not put the
whole thing in motor and tranny. So I did my research and found the 2
companies, Morrisevice & Rivergate, doing the conversion for tannies.
Went for Paul's after I went to the Portland swap meet, went just to
see him, and I'm glad I did because I had the oppertunity to see both
conversions and Paul's looks like a cleaner finished product and he
sells the parts seperatly. Paul also has a conversion for Morris's ,
the origanal conversion, an has one in his Minor with the A14, alot to
be said for experience.
    So for my conversion I'm using Paul's tanny mount, new yoke,
u-joint, speedo cable, and angle drive. The tranny mount was what I
was looking for so I could line everything up, and not start from
scratch, to make the motor mounts.  The 1st bonus was the yoke, it's
brand new and fits right on the spridget driveshaft with u-joint that
has two different caps, one for shaft and one for yoke. This is a
slick set up. The 2nd bonus is the angle drive, tell Paul what
speedo#, rear-end and tires you have and he has it geared so that your
speed is correct.
    If your considering a 5-speed or like me the datsun motor also
drop Paul line or call and let him help you.

Spike
71 Midget
73 Midget
69 MGB