Re: Speedo cable question

To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speedo cable question
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:17:33 -0700
The cable end itself is square in cross-section. The cable housing
has an end fitting that crimps onto the housing at one end and is
rather bell shaped at the end that runs up against the speedo. Inside
of this fitting is a little piece of white plastic that fits over the
cable (it has a square hole through its longitudinal axis). Around
the end fitting is a threaded collar that cinches the whole thing
onto the speedo, which has a threaded cylinder sticking out of the
back. The cable end fits into a square hole inside of this cylinder.

Unscrew the collar, pull the cable straight out of the back of the
speedo, and check it out.

Good luck,

Jeff

--

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA