Re: Fwd: Cleaning Carbon Deposits off of the Piston Crown GOOD OR BAD

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Cleaning Carbon Deposits off of the Piston Crown GOOD OR BAD idea?
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 18:54:58 -0400
Cc: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Give it to 'em Ron!  I'm getting tired of feeding the trio perched on my
front bumper with fold out fans shoving air through my expensive "heavy
duty" "It will improve your cooling" radiator!  Read that as cost more and
does less.

Paul A

>Anyone want the math?  I've been good for months now.
It's time to baptize the newcomers.

--- "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com>
wrote:
> But avoid the "heavy duty" core.  The fins are so
> close together the air
> can't get through easily so the result is less
> effective cooling.  Right
> Ron?
>
> Paul A
>
> >Change your radiator from a 2 row to a 3 row core.
> Does more for cooling
> than
> anything else.
> Mike MacLean-60 Sprite
>
> Soup Weed wrote:
>
> > Hello People,
> >
> > I took my 1275 head off b/c my head gasket was
> leaking which i believe
> was
> > causing my bugeye to run at 190 - 205 F under
> normal driving conditions.
> >
> > Since I had the head off, the Haynes book for my
> car reccomends to clean
> the
> > carbon build up off of the piston crowns and try
> to take a little of the
> > deposits off around the top of the piston around
> the cylinder wall...
> >
> > I did and it was amazing how much crap was built
> up on top of the
> > pistons....
> >
> > I also found that there was a bunch of crap
> blocking the small tube just
> > under the head that connects to the water pump i
> think....
> >
> > GGGGGGss i hope when i get it put back together
> she runs cooler.
> >
> > I am getting the head checked out and skimmed, and
> will be puting new
> head
> > gaskets and manifold gaskets and a new duplex
> timing chain and the six
> > bladed plastic fan....
> >
> > is there anything else???,
> >
> > Chris

=====
Ron Soave
"I swear I found the key to the Universe in the engine of an old parked
car." - B. Springsteen