only running on 2 cylinders

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: only running on 2 cylinders
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 22:38:27 EDT
Well, problems galore for me.  I finally got the carbs set right and figured
out that the alternator's not working right.  OK, i can live with the
alternator for now.  Main problem is the poor running.  So I'm thinking it's
the ignition.  Check it out with the timing light.  No flashing on 1 and 2.
great....  new Lucas gold coil, new wires, distributor cap, and plugs.  It's
got a crane cam's electronic ignition.  All of this was put on last fall,
worked all fall, not this spring though.  All the connections seem to be
good.  So I'm only running on 3 and 4.... last time I checked that's a
problem.  Everything looks ok visually, nothing loose, nothing missing, rotor
seems to be ok.  Should I go back to points?  Any way I can check the
ignition wires?  how about the electronic ignition box?

Thanks
Matt Smith