RE: Strangest looking Lucas part I've ever seen

To: "'Larry Macy'" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Strangest looking Lucas part I've ever seen
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 21:18:23 -0500
On Thursday, May 11, 2000 3:45 PM, Larry Macy
[SMTP:macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu] wrote:
> It is the ignition switch for the space craft used in the War of the
> Worlds. Martians, you know, love round things

At the risk of appearing to be an absolute geek, I'll point out that in the
H.G. Wells novel, the Martians had a technology that supposedly developed
without the wheel. So certain round things, at least, were beyond their ken.

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget (100 earth-sourced parts, Asian metal is made from meteorites)