Re: Interesting item on eBay. Alloy Valve Cover

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay. Alloy Valve Cover
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:34:08 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From <type79 at ix.netcom.com>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 08 June 2000 00:00
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#344391767: Alloy Valve Cover
Austin Healey Sprite Bugeye

> Oh the wonder of ebay. Last year, the same model cast aluminium valve
cover gets only one bid $48.00. Today two bidders duke it out for the
privilege to pay $255.00 for one that needs work. (What are the characters
for a shaking head?
> Jay Fishbein
> Wallingford, CT

MG Metro ( again!!!!! ) has similar ones as standard with those nice, shiny
chrome
nuts and washers.  There must be dozens in the scrapyard about a mile away.
$30ish delivered from the UK?
(No, I'm not in it for the money.  I enjoy 'scrapyarding' and sharing UK
parts knowledge with those who don't have access to later BL models)
PS  First batch of A+ timing covers posted to the US this week.
PPS  Fully electronic (no condenser or points) LUCAS performance dizzy with
bearings top and bottom
(no shaft wobble) with only 2 moving parts.  Straight swap for the 25D
model.  Cost me £43.60 each with new cap and rotor arm.  Requires a £4
spacer to be machined, or I could make up another batch of them.  Anyone?