Re: Final Front Suspension Q's

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Final Front Suspension Q's
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 00:58:15 -0400
I compared my 2 sets of cotter pins and found one set to have a larger flat
"edge", thereby having a slightly smaller diameter.  When I did the second
side kingpin to a-arm install, it went in pretty smooth, but still needed
slight drifting.  I was then able to get the nut on.  The first side I had
to drift out the old pin and replaced it with a good one.

Thanks for the suggestions - I knew I should have compared the 2 sets
before I started, but I was just getting too tired.

Jason.

At 10:29 AM 06/09/2000 -0700, Ulix Goettsch wrote:
>You are talking about the wedge shaped pin right?
>Do you still have an old one?  Compare the new to the old.  It almost seems
>that I remember that I had the same problem and eventually determined that
>the new pins didn't really fit that well and I filed the angled surface of
>the pin so that I could get it in far enough to get a nut on.

|     http://www.austin-healey-stc.org/       |
|http://www.dynanet.com/~crackerarts/index.htm|
|  '65 Austin-Healey Sprite                   |
|  '96 Land Rover Disco  '95 Range Rover LWB  |