Re: My '60 might be a '58! - 1275/1500 debate

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: My '60 might be a '58! - 1275/1500 debate
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:59:59 -0700
Yo,
I have not responded to this thread (I love that term) until now, but here's my
.02
cents.

My buddies and I physically parted out a dozen or more Bugeyes and Mk II Sprites
over the years and I owned a '72 Midget. The '72 Midget had the serial number
prominently "imbedded" in the right shock tower. I never saw a serial number on
the
right shock tower of a Bugeye nor a Mk. II Sprite.

My '63 Sprite does not have a number in the right shock tower. My current Mk.
II as
well as all of the Bugeyes I have owned and/or parted out had the body number
stamped above the right footwell.

I respect the statements made by others that conflict with this. I am just
stating
what I personally observed.

I am finding this 1275/1500 debate interesting. I just hope all of you guys are
friends when it is over.

But no one has mentioned the lowly 948! How about 85mph in a stock 948cc Bugeye
with a 4.22 rear?

Tractor motors? As far as I am concerned, figuratively speaking, they are all
tractor motors!

BTW, Crash, when are you going to retrieve your car? :-)

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT