Re: Bleeding Midget 1500 clutch

To: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Midget 1500 clutch
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:56:03 -0400
Tyson,

Two things.

First,  when I replaced the hose,  I replaced the grommet.  My local AutoZone
had a small packet of "HELP" grommets in various sizes.  One was a perfect fit
for the hole in the battery box.  An alternative (Orin conjuction, as I did) is
to use surgical tubing (from your local Pet store) or something tougher like
vacuum hose wrapped around the line and secured with tape or garbage ties.

Second,  I found the clutch bleeding to be a two person job.  Sure it's
possible with one person,  but it was done in two minutes having my neighbor's
son sit inthe car and pump, hold; pump,hold while I loosened and tightened the
bleed screw.  Worked fine.

YMMV,

Mike
Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu> wrote:
> First of all thanks to all who responded to my
question regarding the Midget 1500 clutch hose.  I
now have a nice original red hose that almost
matches the car's color :)

I'm having a very hard time bleeding the clutch,
however.  I tried the method of unbolting the
cylinder to allow the bleeder nipple to be higher,
and that helped.  Is that the only way to do it
until it is completely bled?

Thanks

--
Tyson Sherman