What a difference tires make...

To: "Spridgets (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: What a difference tires make...
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:53:33 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Now that I have joined the driving crowd again, I can start contributing
more useful stuff.  :-)

The Pirellis that were on the gold car had plenty of traction/tread, but
they also had plenty of dry rot, so rather than drive around on those, I
decided to put the nice Minator (minilite replica) wheels complete with new
Michelin tires on.  So I swapped out with the poor purple project car (it
looks terrible now with the rusty rostyles and dry rotted tires on it).

Wow...is all I can say.  Anybody thinking about tires, those Michelins are
incredible.  The difference between the drive last night and the drive today
were night and day.  It's a totally different car.  I was actually
confident, despite still not trusting the mechanicals.  :-)  It took twists
and turns like they weren't even there, but reminded me that I need a brake
job soon.

Anyway, thought I'd share!

Also, I mounted my first top/hood tonight.  Good thing I had bought that pop
riveter.  That was a tedious job, but relatively easy, especially since all
the holes were already there.  Thanks to Steve Byers for the top.

adrian

PS  The Michelins are X-Metric 155-R13s.

J. Adrian Barnes
adrian@workgroup.net

http://www.choosebig.com
http://www.midgetweb.com