5-speed coming soon!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 5-speed coming soon!
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:31:15 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Well..  Paul's Morriservice 5-speed kit arrived last night and the race
begins to get it in before the Chico meet this weekend.   It looks simple
enough, all parts look well thought out and well engineered.  My flywheel
came back looking better than it ever has.

U-joint/drive shaft modification was easy, cutting the hole for the starter
was tedious but simple.  The new seal at the back of the tranny is easy,
installing the rear tranny mount and angle drive for the speedo was also
quite easy.  The clutch slave mounting system took a minute to figure out
(and a very small peek at the directions) but is now in place and looks very
good.

The big trick is to get it done with the little bit of the evening that is
left after a day of work, dinner, family time, and reading one chapter of
Harry Potter per evening to my younger daughter.   That means I get to work
each evening at about 9:30 and go at it until the 11:00 news.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye