RE: Get them while supplies last

To: Toby Atwater <Toby@intri-plex.com>
Subject: RE: Get them while supplies last
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:17:41 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
It was a Healey Feista, not Festiva. Sorry, hope this doesn't ruin your day. :(

Ford made the Fiesta and had the Healeys breath on it as part of a
hi-performance project that was stillborn. The Fiesta was (and still
is in Europe) a great car with lots of rally participation. Fiestas
also pop up from time to time in various SCCA races. There is a
website lost to my memory that has a lot of in-car footage of a wild
rookie season using a Fiesta.

Along those lines, for anyone who's ever suffered with a non-GLH
(carb version) Horizon/Omni, did you know that there was a Lotus
version homologated as a Talbot? It won quite a few competitions
apparently, and for once, Chapman actually made the homologation
number (130 I think).

At 9:52 AM -0700 6/28/00, Toby Atwater wrote:
>Yet our family's backup car, The micro-mobile Ford Festiva with a Mazda
>engine under the hood, and assembled by KIA in Korea won't die. Oh Ive tried
>to kill it. Off roading... 2 wheel drifts... almost rolled it a few times.
>Take a FWD car and some serving trays from McDonalds. place the trays under
>the rear tires by reversing the car on them. Place the hand brake on tight.
>And drive off. Be careful, control is limited.
>
>Everybody within the last 15 years has learned to drive stick with The
>Micro. The only thing wrong, is the clutch slips. It has 150k and won't die.
>Kind of surprising for a modern car designed to fall apart at 100,000 miles.
>
>British content: There is such a beast as a Healey Festiva. Now that was
>kinda fruity.
>
>Toby
>69 Sprite
>71 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser, 520k miles. (rebuilt by me at 490k for fun)

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu