Re: Ford Tranny Advice needed (NO LBC)

To: "Valentine" <valntine@ptd.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford Tranny Advice needed (NO LBC)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:10:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Kevin,
    Don't give up the ship yet. Just because it's slipping doesn't mean that
it is shot. Send me some more info back on when it is slipping and I might
be able to give you a little guidance. (slips all the time, only when it
shifts into whatever gear, slips in reverse, when hot, when cold...etc).
Might need a throttle pressure cable adjustment, filter could be leaking or
sludged and or fluid could be low or shot. Ford does sell factory remans to
replace it. Believe it or not 200,000 is not a lot on those trannies. Hope
this helps.
Jaybird