Re: Fw: Lotus Elite Question

To: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@videotron.ca>
Subject: Re: Fw: Lotus Elite Question
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 11:26:31 -0500
Cc: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Is this really the same engine as in the Jensen Healey? I have seen one several
years ago in a pasture under a tree going to waste. I know that I have heard bad
things about the Lotus drivetrain in them, but I have also heard bad things
about
the 1500 Spitfiget engine. Can the motors be made more reliable through today's
technology or were the truly trash to start with. I don't want to buy this car,
but if it is junk from the word go, there is no sense in telling others.   Brad