Re: Lotus Elite Question

To: adrian@workgroup.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus Elite Question
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:58:02 EDT
adrian@workgroup.net writes:

<< A friend of mine's father has a '76 or '77 Lotus Elite that has been
sitting
 for years.  The windshield is said to leak, the engine is said to be same as
 Jensen-Healey, tranny to be Lotus.  Does anybody know anything about these
 cars?  Availability of parts?  Swapability of parts from other sources, etc
 etc?  He and I are both intrigued, but want to know a little more about it.

I just asked this same question on the Britcars list!  I saw an ad for one
for cheap, and wondered what it was.

The response is that it is a heavy, 4 seater.  Not particularly popular or
valuable.  It looks pretty, but I would save up for a Europa!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport