head mystery solved... kinda.

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: head mystery solved... kinda.
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 20:50:10 -0700charset="Windows-1252"
Well I got the head off the engine again. Found that my dad's observation of
a blocked off hole on the head by the gasket to be correct. The head gasket
"bubbled" thus pulling the gasket away from the crucial seal on #2 and #3.
What I don't get is that there is no matching hole on the block side. The
hole in question is inbetween #2 and #3. Do I have a mis-matched head or
block? I don't get it. Is it supposed to be like this? Did the machine shop
boy have fun with the drill press on my head?? I will take some digital pics
once I have access to my digital camera. Anybody elses head doesnt match
their block?

Thanks

Toby

69 AH Sprite