RE: Disk Brakes

To: "Steven Fooshee" <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Disk Brakes
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:16:57 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
That is what I am getting at.  The car was a squirrel when I got it.  You
put your foot in the brakes and you end up on the other side of the county.
You couldn't even predict which direction it was going to jerk.  Now that I
have disks on the front it is a lot better, but I was figuring if it was an
easy conversion then I would feel better driving with my 1380 Supercharged
engine.

DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:

> Tom:
>
> Rear disk brakes are not really worth the bucks to install them.  The
front
> brakes take 80% of the braking load, and I don't think rear disks would
> improve braking that much.
>
> --David C.

        True, discs don't improve braking performance very much on the rear,
but they make HUGE improvements in pedal feel. It's all about having
confidence in the brakes.

--
---

1987 RX-7 TII: Ninth Anniversary Edition.
MCMLXIX Sprite: Fifth dimensional money hole.
1990 GS 500-E: The REAL air-cooled twin.
If you don't start in the morning, you can't drink all day!

-